I was working ahead with my sampler QAL this week and the batik version uses 12” blocks and I was getting near the end of my scraps so I have the top finished (which I’m not showing for quite a few more weeks!)
The leftover scraps I decided to use my 6” QUBE set and make star blocks. I notated how many I needed of each shape and then cut out the pieces and notated how many pieces I was able to cut and at the end I had enough for 24 blocks!
I had meant this as a leader and ender project, but once I start something new I gotta keep going! so before long the blocks were done!
Then I sewed them together into a 4x6 top
and I thought I had used all the scraps but I found one of the fabrics with my other piles of batiks so I was able to make a skinny border for it.
Now it measures 28x40
I still need to quilt it and make a binding but I think I have an idea of where we’ll use the quilt, I’ll see once it’s done.