Remember at the beginning of the year I posted this picture?
It was meant to be part of a scrappy backing but I changed my mind on that, so now that this was made I decided to turn it into a table runner instead and I trimmed the sides so each was the same width.
And then I figured that I could play on my funquilter again!
I recently saw a neat feathered border on pinterest and wanted to try that, so I not only marked the top and bottom of where the feathers should be but drew the whole spine in chalk pencil and then usually when I quilt feathers I fill up the space but this time I was going for uniformed sizes of the feathers and then did a curved line as a fill in from each side.
I did ruler work on the middle and after I outlined –in the ditch on the perimeter of the blocks I then decided to go diagonally against the block triangles and I love how it turned out!!
I hand did the binding in turquoise.
Here’s the whole topper done, it’s 16 1/2” x 50”
What a fun project to play with and it was SEW each with the funquilter!
(I need to figure out how to mount my video camera on it soon)