Before Christmas I also finished quilting this triangle in a square quilt that was part of the RSC16 challenge and I used my 3” Triangle in a square accuquilt die and made 4 blocks to a bigger 6” block and then 6 of each color choice, then added a mustard yellow sashing and matching corner stones and a wider border- here I had just enough of a this grape vine fabric that actually went well with the colors- but wasn’t one of my favorite fabrics, but it was great to use here
It measures 55 x 70”
I quilted curves on the blocks and bubbles/pebbles on the sashing
The backing is totally scrappy from the ugliest fabrics I could find or at least ones I wanted to get rid of and use up or just simply tired of looking at them and didn’t have THAT much left over of each one.
I named the quilt “Field of flowers” and embroidered a butterfly and flower motif on it, that I had gotten for free and I just flipped it and moved another one to the opposite side- all this in the new embrilliance essentials program!
Glad it’s done and I’m sure I’ll donate it at some point.