I finished this BIG batik quilt
A big one indeed, don’t think it was the biggest I’ve quilted but close to it.
This is a woman from church’s quilt (I quilted her husband’s quilt recently)
this is a round robin
When she gave it to me she told me how she had run out of the dark blue border print so she used this light blue instead.
When I started quilting it I noticed someone’s marks on it and stitching holes, she later told me someone else started quilting it but the light blue threw her off so she couldn’t finish it.
I just treated it like the dark blue and did the BIGGEST feathers I’ve ever done! this border was 15” wide!!
Then I did bubbled, ribbons swirls, more feathers (going the opposite direction)
then a leaf vine, meandering, bubbles and curves on the log cabin blocks
then another leaf vine and meandering around the middle
I did run into a problem at the end….which I noticed partly in the beginning – that the width was 1” off from the top and the bottom, but at the end I found the problem was that the outer borders were too tight vs the middle part so it got skewed it a way, not totally bad it’s all said and done, but a bit tricky to work with.
Glad it’s done