Friday, December 18, 2015

Covering America Finish

covering america2

I finished the top quite a while ago.

It’s HUGE, doesn’t even fit on my design wall!

The blocks were a bit tricky to sew together as my seam allowance or the pattern/templates didn’t turn out to be all the same, so some blocks were over 9 1/2” and some were under, so I had to fudge quite a bit and trim off some edges too, but because it’s such a busy quilt, you don’t really notice it.

I wasn’t sure if I wanted the strippy border, but I had to many scraps left over that it was pretty easy to cut up and make the border, I’m happy with the result!

DSCF5208

I finished the top by early October, so I’ve scheduled this post ahead of time :)

4 comments:

cucki said...

So beautiful xxx

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

WOW!!! What a neat quilt Bea with a lot of blocks!! The border really adds a lot to it. Can't wait to see it quilted!

Nancy said...

This has been fun to follow as you made each block. And now to see the finished quilt is great.

Michele said...

That really is fabulous and congrats on getting it finished.