I’m SEW excited.
I’m doing a webinar with McCall’s Quilting!!!!
It’s been in the planning stages for a while and I’m super excited to finally be able to share the news……
It’s less than 2 weeks away!
Here’s more information about the webinar and to purchase it
How to select, cut, and piece fabric to make a fun and innovative hexie quilt
When: July 29, 2014
Time: 7-8pm ET (1 hour)
Everyone’s crazy about hexagons these days, and quilt designer Bea Lee is no exception. Inspired by hexagon and triangle cutting dies, she developed an improvisational hexie block quilt that will make quick work of your scrap stash. In this live web seminar, you’ll learn her step-by-step process for designing, cutting, and piecing the “bowl of candy” blocks and tips for turning them into an eye-catching wall hanging or quilt.
What You'll Learn:
- How to coordinate scrap colors to create a block
- How to cut fabric strips for improvisational piecing
- How Bea uses EQ software to help lay out her quilt blocks
- How to piece the Bowl of Candy blocks
- How to use AccuQuilt Go Cutter dies to create the block shapes
- An overview of the basic quilt construction, including matching, sewing, and pressing seams for accurate piecing
- Ideas for other ways to design hexagon quilts, through a gallery of Bea’s examples
Can't make the live event? Don't worry! Your registration comes with access to the archived version of the program and the materials for one year. You do not have to attend the live event to get a recording of the presentation. You will receive a copy of the recorded presentation in an email that goes out within 1 week after the live event.