woo hoo! I was awarded a versatile blogger award from Sue at her Quilting adventures
Gosh! (blush) thanks!
Hop over and check out her blog, she has a great blog and we both follow each other's blogs.
I love her quilt that's displayed at the top, it's sooo cute.
and she has lots of great quilts and projects going.
Now the rules for this thing:
- Add the award to your blog.
- Thank the blogger who gave it to you.
- Mention seven random things about yourself. (see below)
- List the rules.
- Award to 15 bloggers.
- Inform each of those 15 by leaving a comment on their blog.
7 things about me:
1. I'm danish! born and raised in Denmark, came to the US when I was 18 1/2 and went to college, then met a guy and the rest is history.
2. My degree was computer animation- my dream was to work for disney etc.
3. while I was in college I met my husband- not at college, but thru a friend- and soon after that I got saved, so my view on life totally changed, it wasn't all about the money and disney :-) plus I got sick and tired of drawing, I had loved drawing (colors) and was good at math.... see how that links to quilting?! we've been married 13 yrs now.
4. I'm an only child, my parents divorced when I was 16, one reason was that my dad was TOO close to me as a child/teenager, so...... haven't seen him since I was 20. he actually showed up at our wedding in DK. I have forgiven my dad for what he's done, I think that's what brought me to the Lord and I got saved, but he is still a
sick man and I won't let me kids near him. It wasn't until last year that they found out that my mom's husband is not my real dad.
5. I learned to quilt at a class at our church in 2004 while pregnant with my daughter where I made my first quilt ( I've shown pictures of this, it's loved to pieces, literally!) I have made well over 100 quilts since then, most of them simple and small donation quilts.
6. I used to dance danish folk dance for 13 years while growing up in Denmark, let's POLKA!
7. I love to play computer games (if I'm not quilting or blogging) my favorite games are adventure games or sim city type games, my all time favorite game is THE SIMS, I had all the expansion packs for #1, now just a few for #2, but it won't play on my laptop, boo hoo :-) Oh, I love LOGIC problems too in a magazine- not on the computer, just had to throw that in there.
now for my choice of winners
1. Vanessa at crafty gemini - I want to be like her!! tee hee, we are friends on a voyager yahoo group and she was probably the first blog I started following, she has great youtube videos- she won the next up youtube award and has been on TV etc....
2. Deonne at quiltscapes - does great work
3. glorious applique- just blown away by her work and applique work, follow her also in danish :-)
4. addicted to quilts - a fellow long arm quilter, does beautiful work
5. live a colorful life - such cool things and bright colors- I love bright colors
6. sunni at love affair with my brother - funny title, but then I found out her brother is her BROTHER sewing machine, LOL, she does great stuff too
7. Ann at kvinta quilts - a fellow DANE! we became friends thru the geese in a ring swap.
8. Leah at free motion quilting - I should have put her at the top too, I've followed her a long time, bought her two books, which I translate into long arm designs, VERY inspiring free motion quilting!
9. Bonnie at quiltville - I'm sure she's gotten this award before, how do you not LOVE Bonnies work!
10. marija at fabric of my life- just great work too and fun projects
11. marlene at kissed quilts - another long arm quilter who does great work
12. cheryl on her creative side - a great blogger and quilter
13.rebecca at our busy little bunch - a mom of 4! wow... she makes some darling bags and purses and quilts
14. marcia at her crafty sewing and quilting - she's featured me on a linky party once and does great work too
15 I luv my bugs - cute little crafty things, she made one of my owl pot holders I made a tutorial for and that's how I started following her blog
PHEW! I think that's it.
I wish I could award everyone I come across, don't get offended if I didn't pick you, 15 is hard :-)