Tuesday, April 5, 2011

accuquilt runner

I finally finished another accuquilt project!
When I got the accuquilt I knew I had to make the blazing star, I bought that die seperately, but the mix n match set had all these fun triangles and squares etc. So I sat down in EQ and designed a quilt.
Then I started using scraps of white/ black and red, but at some point I ran out of something and punched out some red diamonds in reverse, anyways, I gave up and left it alone, then the other day I was looking at my notes and punched out pieces and decided to just use the pieces for the upper left block and see how far I would get. So I used the pieces as LEADERS AND ENDERS as I was working on other stuff and eventually got 8 blocks, then figured I would just turne it into a large tabler runner!
Here is the table runner, I deliberately didn't pay attention to how the blocks were turned or matched up as far as random colors- one kind of white vs another kind of white.
 I found this old 2 yd scrap of a wierd thin cotton striped fabric with flowers but it was black/ white and red, so I cut it into two pieces and used it for backing.
I then quilted just a curvey meanering type design with red thread and used white strips for binding.

No comments: